In my previous post I talked about what online reputation is, its importance and how to monitor it. If you have not read it yet you can do it from this link
Now we will see how to achieve a good online reputation and how to solve bad reputation.
Now I give you some tips on achieving a good online reputation and save you a lot of headaches.
- Update your profiles on social networks: you must create the appropriate profile for each social network and update them frequently, eliminating unused accounts.
- Have a personal blog: You must have a blog, update it, thank and respond to people’s comments. Share updates through social networks and commenting on other blogs that talk about the same topic.
- Answer.. always answer: you must answer as soon as possible. It answers provided as soon as possible. In a matter of ten minutes an unanswered comment can generate a crisis or give the impression that you do not know how to keep the conversation with the users. A negative comment responded immediately with solid arguments can produce a radical turn, and turn your detractors in your most loyal supporters.
- Be transparent: Show transparency and original content in your publications, maintaining reliable sources and not being afraid to admit your mistakes. You must always remember to mention the authorship in case of using other people’s material.
- Offer quality content: Provide quality content participating in forums and discussion groups. You must also consider the inclusion of images or videos, and infographics to call the reader’s attention.
- Track, know your audience and identify your goals: The brand must listen, understand what is said about it online, and process so that you can act and answer effectively and respond accordingly. It is the basis on which digital communication objectives of your company will be built.
- Look for your target audience and outlines a strategy: You must be present there where is your target. If they use social media, or mobile applications you must know how to use them and use their language. Do not forget set a strategy, the use of social networks has no return once you start using them you must keep using them and be active in those social networks. Being present in social media without a neat style, can greatly harm your reputation, much more if we have zero presence in them. If you only have time to be in one, choose the more akin to your audience. It is better to be good in one than bad in all.
- Promote loyalty: Promoting followers’ loyalty is the key. You must keep an open and active attitude in the network to satisfy your followers’ needs.
- Be empathetic: The opinion or comments about our brand or service are really important. You must be able accept criticism and negative comments.
- Take SEO into account: write using keywords, bold letters and bullets that break the uniformity of the text and generate readers’ interest with a glance.
- New ways of promoting: Stay alert to new ways of promoting that arise, such as social networks, to create areas of interest that we can use later.
- Also participate in third-party publications, making constructive contributions to strengthen your digital image.
- Plan: Design a crisis action plan. Be prepared to act quickly in a crisis. This is something that can always happen.
What should you do about bad online reputation?
Having a bad online reputation is of the worst things that can happen on the Internet. It’s like a virus that spreads gradually.
To solve the problem, you must first detect the problem. Whether it is a timely crisis or a prolonged poor image. May be due to one or more reasons, from an unfortunate message, a poor quality customer care service, a web development that makes things harder in stead of making them simpler, etc.
If you suddenly find a lot of negative unfounded comments and just try to damage you, what we should do is to analyze the comment. If the comments have appeared in a forums, we can contact the moderator and show that there are some bad faith comments about your business, and ask the moderator to eliminate those comments. If we cannot contact anyone, it is advisable not to respond, we can create some kind of promotion to show that the fact they are claiming is unfounded.
If we have made a mistake, we must face it: it is the first thing we have to do. You have to step up and face the situation. We must recognize our mistakes and start from scratch. We should not expect immediate results, but it’s a start.
It is normal that some of your customers do not end up satisfied with the work they have given you and maybe make some comments against your business. You should never respond in the heat of the moment, it is preferable to let a day pass and then try to initiate a direct and constructive dialogue. In case you can’t solve the situation in that way, you can offer some sort of discount as a sign of your regret. But if all these actions fail you just have to hire a professional SEO to go manage the negative comments.
If you face a Troll…
A troll is a person who posts provocative, irrelevant or off-topic messages online, including discussion forums, chat rooms or blogs. The fundamental objective of trolls is to upset or provoke an emotional response from users and readers altering the normal conversation of an issue, making the users get upset and against each other.
It is best to ignore their comments, or, if you are on social networks, you can block their profiles so that they don’t interfere again.
I hope that with these recommendations, your online reputation can keep without a stain. What do you think about my recommendations? Do you apply any other?.
ALD Group – Virtual Assistance